Nghinh Luong Dinh (Luong Dinh Welcome Pavilion)

  
Source: http://hueworldheritage.org.vn
Source: http://hueworldheritage.org.vn
Address: Le Duan street, Hue city, Thua Thien Hue province. Nghinh Luong Dinh (Luong Dinh Welcome Pavilion) is the place where king used to relax in summer days. The construction was constructed on the Northern bank of Huong river opposite Phu Van Lau (Pavilion of Edicts) in 1852 under King Tu Duc's reign.

Nghinh Luong Dinh was restored in 1903 under Thanh Thai's reign. Then, it was renovated again in 1918 under Khai Dinh's reign and served as a holiday destination of emperors.  

Nghinh Luong Dinh is the one compartment and 4 wings architecture.  Crab shell houses are built in the front and the back side of Nghinh Luong Dinh. The upper wooden frame was elaborately carved. The main house is roofed by yellow glazed tile while the two crab shell houses are roofed by another type of yellow glazed heat-insulated tiles. The 90cm high foundation. There are 13 steps leading to the corridor constructed near water. The surrounding scenery of the temple create an airy and romantic space.

www.thuathienhue.gov.vn
 Print]
Other articles
    First Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next Last