Quang Te pagoda
  
Update10/27/2020 11:12:22 AM
Originally, it was a thatched hut for meditation established by Venerable Hoang Thieu in the late 18th century.

At the beginning of the 19th century, Mr. Tran Van Nang, who was assigned to manage the construction of Nam Giao Esplanade, selected the pagoda as the headquarters. After the esplanade was completed in 1806, he had a pagoda built for his younger sister, nun Thanh Gian, who later named the pagoda Quang Te. In 1980, nun Thanh Gian offered this place of worship to venerable Hai Nhu, the administrator of Thien Mu pagoda, the 40th generation of Linji meditation, the 6th generation of Lieu Quan meditation. Venerable Hai Nhu had the pagoda renovated in 1848. After several renovations carried out, Quang Te becomes a large and majestic pagoda.


In front of Quang Te pagoda (Photo: internet)


Inside Quang Te pagoda (Photo: internet)

The worshipping space of the pagoda (Photo: internet)

thuathienhue.gov.vn
 Print]
Other articles
    First Previous 1 2 3 4 Next Last