• Phu Cam Cathedral (photo: internet) Phu Cam Cathedral
    Update 10/19/2022 3:05:49 PM
    Located on Phuoc Qua hill (Phuoc Vinh ward), Phu Cam Cathedral is an old, yet famous structure designed by architect Ngo Viet Thu. Phu Cam Cathedral is located at 01 Doan Huu Trung, Phuoc Vinh ward, Hue city.

  • Our Lady of Perpetual Help church (redemptorist church)
    Update 10/18/2022 2:09:48 PM
    Located in Nguyen Hue street, Phu Nhuan ward, Hue city, Thua Thien Hue province, Our Lady of Perpetual Help church commonly known as the Congregation of the Most Holy Redeemer by Hue locals. In fact, this refers to a religious congregation founded behind the church in 1925. Our Lady of Perpetual Help Church was built from 1959 to 1962.

  •  Thuyen Ton Pagoda (source: internet) Thuyen Ton pagoda
    Update 10/14/2022 11:21:30 AM
    Thuyen Ton pagoda is located at An Tay ward, Hue city. Thuyen Ton pagoda is a about 7km from Hue city center. Its official name is Thien Thai Thien Tong Tu, also known as Thien Thai Noi to differentiate with Thien Thai Ngoai pagoda located on Nam Giao hill.

  • Quoc An pagoda (Photo: internet) Quoc An pagoda
    Update 10/5/2022 9:56:07 AM
    Quoc An pagoda commonly called "To dinh Quoc An" is situated in the west of Ngu Binh mountain, Truong An ward by Ban mountain where Nguyen Hue held a sacrifice ceremony and came to the throne.

  • Truc Lam pagoda (photo: internet) Truc Lam pagoda
    Update 10/4/2022 3:36:19 PM
    Truc Lam pagoda is located on the way to Khai Dinh tomb. To reach the pagoda, take the left turn after crossing Lim bridge, then go along the stream nearly 1km. At first, the pagoda was a place of worship built by superior nun Dieu Truong, the cousin of Tung Thien Vuong in 1902. At superior nun Dieu Truong’s invitation, Most Venerable Giac Tien and the disciple of Most Venerable Tam Tinh from Tay Thien pagoda is in charge of the pagoda in 1903. Before arriving at the pagoda, Most Venerable Giac Tien and superior nun Dieu Truong visited Truc Lam Yen Tu pagoda which is located in the north to collect Buddhist texts and ritual items. Coming back from Truc Lam Yen Tu, most venerable Giac Tien decided to name the pagoda Truc Lam Dai Thanh Tu, referring the connection between the pagoda with Truc Lam Tinh Xa and ...

  • Tuong Van pagoda is located at Tran Thai Tong street, Thuy Xuan ward, Hue city. Tuong Van pagoda
    Update 10/3/2022 3:48:22 PM
    Tuong Van pagoda is located at the hill area of Thuy Xuan ward. At Tu Dam - Nam Giao junction, take Tran Thai Tong street about 500m.

  • Tu Dam Pagoda (source: internet) Tu Dam Pagoda
    Update 9/30/2022 2:55:08 PM
    Address: 1 Su Lieu Quan street, Truong An ward, Hue city

  • The gate leading to Tu Hieu pagoda (photo: internet) Tu Hieu Pagoda
    Update 9/30/2022 10:17:47 AM
    Located in Le Ngo Cat street (Thuy Xuan ward, Hue city), the road leading to Tu Duc tomb, Tu Hieu pagoda is considered as a place of interest. Formerly, Tu Hieu pagoda was An Duong hermitage founded by Most Venerable Nhat Dinh. This was the place where many eunuchs of Nguyen dynasty took refuge. In 1848 (one year after the Most Venerable passed away), eunuchs donated money and had the pagoda constructed. At the time, this three-compartment two-wing structure has wooden frame and tile roof. There was a house called "Lac Nghia" on the right and a house called "Ai Nhat" on the left. The pagoda was granted "Sac tu Tu Hieu tu" board by Emperor Tu Duc.

  • Nam Pho church (Photo: internet) Nam Pho church
    Update 9/29/2022 1:58:29 PM
    Nam Pho church is situated by Nam Pho market, Phu Thuong commune, Phu Vang district. Constructed in 1896, this place or worship was damaged by war in 1968. However, the construction was temporarily mended only. It was not until 1992 that its front hall and gate were rebuilt. On its 100th anniversary (1996), Nam Pho church was entirely renovated, yet its traditional architecture still keeps comparatively intact.

  • Phuong Duc church (photo: internet) Phuong Duc church
    Update 9/29/2022 9:19:42 AM
    It is one of the churches early built in Hue city. Under the reign of Lord Nguyen Phuc Tan (1648 - 1687), a spanish in India called Joao Da Crus (known as Jean de la Croix by French) visited the South Vietnam and helped Lord Nguyen with bronze and gun casting. A casting workshop was established by the southern bank of the Huong river. It is opposite Kim Long Residence. It was said that priest Joao da Crus asked Lord Nguyen for permission to found a chapel to pray and worship God. He said it was for the success of the first gun casting.


    First Previous 1 2 3 Next Last