Lai The village hall
  
Update11/12/2020 2:00:49 PM
Lai The village hall is located in Phu Thuong commune, Phu Vang district, Thua Thien Hue province (Photo: khamphahue.vn)
Lai The village hall is located in Phu Thuong commune, Phu Vang district, Thua Thien Hue province (Photo: khamphahue.vn)
Situated about 3km to the east of Hue city, Lai The village hall was constructed in 1741, under the reign of Emperor Le Hien Tong. It is one of the ancient village halls highly valued in terms of history and architecture.

The village hall has three compartments and two double wings. The middle compartment is 2,95m wide, while the two sided ones is 2,90m wide. Each of the two wings is 1,7m. In total, there are 54 pillars divided into 8 horizontal lines and 7 vertical lines. The entire construction follows the "double roofing" style, a featured architecture under Nguyen dynasty. It consists of main hall, court yard and gate which formed an axis. Decorative details in the village hall are highly appreciated in terms of arts. The construction was renovated in 1780, 1845, 1891 and 1998.

Today, many valuable artifacts are still can be found in the village hall such as the four glided horizontal boards, couplets and the 6 recognitions of the Emperor given to those who made significant contribution to the establishment and expansion of the village.


One of the structures in Lai The village hall (Photo: khamphahue.vn)

Every spring and autumn, two main ceremonies are held in the village hall to pay tribute to village founders. These activities are still maintained and considered as a tradition of Lai The villagers.

Lai The village hall was recognized as national relic on Decision No. 04/2001 QD-BVHTT on January 19th, 2001.


The dragon symbol decorated in Lai The village hall (Photo: khamphahue.vn)


The phoenix symbol decorated in Lai The village hall (Photo: khamphahue.vn)

thuathienhue.gov.vn
 Print]
Other articles
    First Previous 1 2 3 Next Last